The family war search is based on the total mafia power of families. Searching for a war may take a while, since you can only war with other families that are searching at the same moment. The system will look for the searching family that is closest to yours in power. Sometimes, the search may put your family up against a very tough one. It's up to you to decide to "dump" the war — if you think you can't win it, then you don't waste a whole lot of resources on it. But don't let the difference in power scare you; check "War" for more information.
The preparation for the war is done in 3 phases (within a 24-hour period):
- Leader only: the leader can determine the strategy that will be used during the war. This can make a huge difference in the war result. Of course, a lot depends on the strategy of your enemy as well
- Signup phase: all players who sign up will be counted for the final war result as "power of the family"
- Ammunition donation phase: all participating players can donate any amount of ammunition they want
- Equipment donation phase: all participating players can donate equipment (up to 5 pieces) of any kind
The war lasts for 6 hours — 3 waves of 2 hours each. The result of each wave is based of the following aspects:
- Leader strategy: the leader chooses the % of donated ammunition and equipment that will be used in each wave
- Power of all participating players
- Ammunition donations
- Equipment donations
Boosting in war won't cause any instant visible effect, though it will help your family throughout the wave. Therefore it is better to start boosting early on in each wave to get maximum effect out of it.
Even if a family is 3 or 4 times stronger than your family in mafia power, it is still possible to win with the right motivation, donations and participation!
Loot + cartels
The total family cash loot is based on the donations of both families. Player cash loot will depend on their contribution to the war. Of course, if you lose the war your total family reward will be a lot less than the winning family's reward. The greater the difference in power and contribution between the two families, the higher the number of cartel areas you win/lose.